Wednesday, November 04, 2009

The Magic Ticket




So last week was a bit stressful. I fall very neatly into one of the high risk groups for H1N1 and according to the 24/7 media coverage was going to burst into flames if I didn't get the vaccine.

So I bought into the hype and made my way to a clinic to get the shot and put my mind at ease. The thing opened at 2:30 and I got there at noon..... Should have been safe right? Well there were hundreds of people ahead of me and I heard the line started at 6am.

So we all waited for them to pass out the numbered tickets..... I overheard they were handing out 350 of them.

As the folks slowly made there way down the line I'd hear updates about how they handed out 200 already and bow they started at 850 on the tickets and were almost at 100 so they clearly rolled the numbers and were almost out.

They got closer and closer and then at 3:15 they got to me. I made it and was 209, the LAST person to get a number and the 150 people behind me were very unhappy. Along with my number I was told to come back at 8pm for the shot.

When I got there at 8 I found they were at 120 and that every ten people were taking about twenty minutes, it was going to be a long night. I confirmed with a nurse that it was cool to go get some groceries and come back in an hour or two and was told "yep!" so off I went.

I got back at 9 as luck would have cause when I got there I was told it was now closed (!!!!) cause piles of people from 120 and up never showed. Thankfully I am wicked charming and got in but man o man...... Why did so many skip it? Those poor folks behind me!

And that is my story



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home